Thanks to many generous donations of time and labor, Westcroft is honored to reopen a large section of the botanical gardens to the public.
We have four acres of Botanical Gardens that were created as a testing ground for former owner Ernest Stanton's hybrids which are now a beautiful showcase of broad-leaved evergreens for the public to enjoy all year round. We invite you to take a walk and enjoy this one of a kind garden filled with hybrid Rhododendrons and Azaleas created here at Westcroft. The garden shows its true colors and vibrancy in late May early June, but there is something to see every month, whether it be the many birds, the changing colors of the leaves, or the various blooms.
The gardens are open to the public every day of the year from dawn to dusk, and are also available for wedding and event rental.
Weddings and Event Rental
- Garden location for wedding or daytime event
- Garden setting for photography sessions
- Parking space for any size wedding or event
- Grounds maintained all season and selected event area cleaned prior to event
- Electricity can be provided if needed. Prices are listed below.
- Plant rental is available. You may choose from the full array of plants and potted shrubs we have on hand at the time of your event.
- A white arbor is available for rent. Price is listed below.
- Multiple areas from which to choose your perfect setting
- Indoor bathroom facility
- Drop off /pull up area for guests that are less mobile
- Discretely placed garbage cans
- The basic wedding ceremony fee is $500.00
- The basic daytime event fee is $700.00
- Photography Session is $25.00 (photo shoots must be arranged in advance and should not be more than 2 hours)
- Security and clean-up deposit: $150.00 (refundable if no damage incurred)
- Electricity- $25 for the first 15 amp. service. Additional drops at comparable cost.
- Plant rental is 20% of the cost of the plant material you select for your event for a 24 hour period.
- Arbor rental is $40.00 includes set up and tear down, $20.00 deposit (refundable if canceled 48 hours in advance)
- Refunds will be made within 72 hours following the event
- Full refunds of basic fee and deposits if canceled 48 hours before the event. No refunds will be made if Westcroft is not notified of cancellation 48 hours prior to the event.
- 50% refund of basic fees and 100% of security deposit if canceled due to rain
- Security deposits will not be refunded if there is damage done to the park or trash is left behind
What You Should Know
There are four and a half (4.5) acres of Botanical Gardens from which you can choose any site you desire for your wedding or event. Prime bloom season is from mid May to mid June depending on weather.
If you have a rental facility supply you with tents, chairs, tables, etc., be sure to arrange for its set up and removal and any insurance as Westcroft Gardens cannot assume any responsibility for any such items on the premises.
There are several convenient parking areas for your guests. If there is to be a large amount of cars,we have found that a few 'friendly faces' from your guest list to direct cars to parking areas and direct guests to the event site work the best. Our personnel will give these individuals direction. We also suggest that on your invitations you note that this will be a garden setting and appropriate shoes should be worn.
We regret that there are no indoor facilities in the event of rain.
- The client will forfeit his or her deposit if Westcroft Gardens needs to clean up or if there is damage done to the gardens or grounds.
- The client is responsible for arranging set and removal (the same or next day) of any props used at the event.
- The client is responsible for any damage done by the chair/tent rental company.
- A marquee (tent), tables, chairs, arches, portable bathroom facilities, etc. are permitted. Talk with Westcroft Gardens prior to arranging any other facilities and to inform Westcroft Gardens of delivery and removal dates and times.
- Cars and trucks are not allowed to park on the roads or grass where they will disrupt Westcroft Gardens' business.
- All events must end by 9:00pm